Ouray Canyoning Guidebook
The new guidebook is here!
Ouray, Colorado has the highest quality alpine canyons in the United States. This intimate guide, the first for the area, explores the
waterfalls, narrows and tumbling cascades found in the spectacular mountains that surround Ouray.
Enjoy adventures ranging from short trail hikes to full day technical adventures in the most beautiful canyons in the country. Filled with
historical, ecological and geological information, this guide offers a grand introduction to Ouray’s special canyons.
Once an oasis for the Utes, and later a center of silver and gold mining, Ouray has become a major destination for outdoor recreation in the
West. Discover why Ouray is also a dream for canyoners and canyon lovers everywhere.
Updates and Errata
- Cascade Creek (Lower Cascade Falls hike, Cascade Creek route)
- Portland Creek (Ivan's Tail)
- Corbett Creek (From the Bottom, NF Corbett route)
- Oak Creek (Upper, middle, lower)
- Canyon Creek and the Uncompahgre River (various hikes)
- Angel Creek (Middle, lower)
- Weehawken Creek (From the bottom, Blue Moon, Upper basin)
- Bear Creek (Quartzite Corridor)
Click on the pictures below for enlarged (low-res) sample pages from the book*:
|Topographic maps show the location of routes
|Route descriptions area accompanied with information about the local ecology and history of Ouray's canyons
|Every technical route includes a canyon topo for quick reference
Where to Buy
You can buy the book at any of these fine retail outlets. More will be added throughout the summer of 2010, so check back!
Check out this cool Squidoo page that has more info on the book, along with links to order it via amazon.com!
* Text and images of sample pages are Copyright 2010 Blue Moon Canyon Press, LLC, unless otherwise noted
This web site is owned, operated and copyright 2010 by Blue Moon Canyon Press, LLC. Information on this site can not be copied or reproduced in any form without the express written consent of Blue Moon Canyon press, LLC.